STUDY GENERAL MEDICINEIN ROMANIA
General Medicine in Romania: Faculty of Medicine
Tree lever (BMD) of general medicine program in Romania:
- Undergraduate programs of general medicine in Romania,
- Master’s Degree in general medicine program in Romania,
- Doctoral studies in general medicine program in Romania or Residency program in general medicine program in Romania,
Continuous Medical Education (Long Life Learning-LLL) in general medicine program in Romania,
1.Undergraduate programs of medicine in Romania:
- MEDICINE – 360 ECTS - Graduate degree in Medicine (doctor-physician), 6-year program studies, taught in English, French, and Romanian.
The medical education itself takes six years, consisting of an aggregate of 3years of preclinical training in an academic environment and three years of clinical training at a teaching hospital; the way these two elements are integrated varies between medical schools and is currently in a state of flux. Medical schools and teaching hospitals are closely integrated to medical teaching program.
Medicine school in Romania
- Medicine school in English in Romania
- Medicine school in French in Romania,
- Medicine school in Germany in Romania,
- Medicine school in Romania in Romania,
- MIDWIFERY – 240 ECTS - Graduate degree in Midwifery, 4-year university studies, only in Romanian language.
- NURSING – 240 ECTS - Graduate degree in Nursing (university degree nurse), 4-year university studies, only in Romanian language.
- RADIOLOGY and MEDICAL IMAGING – 180 ECTS- Graduate degree in Radiology and Medical Imaging (radiology and imaging assistant), 3-year university studies, only in Romanian language.
- CLINICAL LABORATORY – 180 ECTS- Clinical laboratory assistant diploma, 3-year university studies, only in Romanian language.
- BALNEO-PHYSIO-KINESIOTHERAPY and REHABILITATION – 180 ECTS- Balneo-physio-kinesiotherapy and rehabilitation assistant diploma, 3-year university studies, only in Romanian language.
Additionally to its undergraduate university studies, the Faculty of Medicine offers the greatest number of opportunities, concerning specialization by residency, postgraduate studies, master’s and doctoral studies, of all Faculties in the University.
2. Master’s Degree of general medicine program in Romania:
There is a huge choose of master studies in general medicine in al medical school in Romania, As a example, In Romanian school of medicine of Cluj, they are eleven one-year or two-year, Master’s Degree Programs within the Faculty of Medicine.
3. Doctoral (Residency, Long Life Learning) studies of general medicine program in Romania
- Doctoral studies of general medicine program in Romania
Due to the fact that Medical studies are long-term studies and Master’s Degree programs are considered to be included in the 6 normal years of study, all graduates of the Faculty of Medicine may enroll on doctoral study programs right after graduation.
- Residency studies of general medicine program in Romania
Training of specialists in medical fields, through residency programs (3-7 years), represents an important component of the faculty’s mission of medical school in Romania.
Getting into residency study in Romania:
For student from EU, EEA and Switzerland, admission by exam organized by universities under the control of both Ministry of education and Ministry oh Health. For those admitted, mere you have more point, more you have the possibilities of choosing from more medical school specialties and medical schools in Romania.
For medical student from out side of EU, EEA and Switzerland, they are admitted by selection application file competition and they must pay monthly tuition fees varying from 380 Euros to 700 Euros.
- Continuous Medical Education (Long Life Learning-LLL)
Continuous medical education, through various postgraduate courses, is covering all medical specializations.
The Bologna process is understood and applied within medical schools in Romania (the European system of transferable credits: ECTS) and the supplement to the diploma have been introduced successfully for a number of years, and physician diplomas are acknowledged at European level.
Undergraduate programs in general medicine in Romania lead to Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery diploma, or in Latin Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (abbreviated in various ways, viz. "BMBS", MB BChir, BM BCh, MB BCh, MB ChB, MB BS, BM, BMed, MBBS etc.). So, these Undergraduate programs of general medicine in Romania combine license and Master degree of medicine. After getting this Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery diploma ( two first professional degrees awarded upon graduation from medical school in medicine and surgery ), the holder can get into a residency program or into research in medical school (doctorate program).